Transfer Admission - [ admission requirements ]
- Complete the application for admission.
- Submit a non-refundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official final transcripts from each college or university attended; faxed transcripts will not be accepted. An applicant may not ignore previous college attendance and MUST list all colleges attended on the application for admission.
- Supply Mississippi State with proof of immunity to measles and rubella.
Transcripts and other documentation sent via U.S. Postal Service should be submitted to:
Office of Admissions & Scholarships
P.O. Box 6334
Mississippi State, MS 39762
The Office of Admissions and Scholarships may also be contacted by calling (662) 325-2224 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items will be required if you have not completed the 30 hours of core courses listed under Admission Requirements.
- Request that official ACT or SAT scores be sent to Mississippi State. We encourage that these test scores come directly from ACT or SAT.
ACT College Code - 2220
SAT College Code - 1480
The writing test of the ACT and SAT are not considered for admission or scholarship awarding purposes.
- Request your high school send your official final high school transcript to Mississippi State University; faxed transcripts will not be accepted.
Students may transfer to Mississippi State University from regionally accredited community, junior or senior colleges for any period of enrollment, provided they have earned a 2.0 GPA (as computed by Mississippi State University) on all college courses attempted as well as earned a 2.0 GPA on the 30-hours of core courses. Applicants must list all colleges attended on the application for admission, must be in good standing with the last college or university attended, and must meet one of the following:
- Complete the 30-hours of core courses listed below with a 2.0 GPA on those courses and earn an overall 2.0 GPA (as computed by Mississippi State University) on all hours attempted.
- English Composition – 6 semester hours
- College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, or a higher level math – 3 semester hours
- Natural Science – 6 semester hours
- Humanities and Fine Arts – 9 semester hours
- Social or Behavioral Sciences – 6 semester hours
- Earn an A.A. degree (associate in art) or a higher degree from a regionally accredited community, junior, or senior college with a 2.0 GPA (as computed by Mississippi State University).
- Meet the requirements for entering freshmen and earn an overall 2.0 GPA (as computed by Mississippi State University) on all hours attempted.
Students requesting admission to the College of Engineering, may also be required to enter MSU with an undeclared major and be advised by the staff of the University Academic Advising Center until they meet the minimum university standards for admission into a degree program. Please visit the Bagley College of Engineering Website or contact Robert Green, Undergraduate Coordinator, College of Engineering for additional information.
Students may meet general admission requirements to the university, but not meet the requirements for a specific department. Applicants should contact the academic department in which they intend to major for additional requirements.
For admission information or an application, or to inquire further about university admission requirements, contact the Office of Admissions & Scholarships, P.O. Box 6334, Mississippi State, MS 39762. Phone: (662) 325-2224 or send e-mail to email@example.com.