*Please do not make any travel plans until you have successfully registered for an orientation session.
Scholars Orientation is a two-day, invitation-only orientation session for students with a minimum 30 composite ACT or students that have been admitted to the Shackouls Honors College. This exclusive Orientation features meetings with Honors College representatives, university administrators, and Orientation Leaders to provide an overview of the journey that lies ahead.
To Register for Orientation:
- You must be admitted to MSU.
- Use your NetID from MSU and the NetPassword you created for your online application.
- You must have a valid credit card to register online.
Please click here if you have forgotten your NetPassword or if you applied to MSU using a paper application.
|General Assembly||Students and parents get a special university welcome from MSU Orientation Leaders, administrators and faculty. Program announcements are also made that will help you during your time at Orientation 2019.|
|Dawg Talk||Students meet with Orientation Leaders and learn about the many services and opportunities available at MSU, while creating new friendships and establishing connections with the university community. MSU ID cards will be made during this time as well.|
|Registrar's Session||The University Registrar will provide an overview of the course registration procedures at MSU, while demonstrating the university's web registration system.|
|Academic Advising and Class Registration||
Students are advised and register for their fall classes in a group setting with the assistance of a faculty advisor.
Orientation rates include the class registration fee and lunch on the day of the event. Students and parents will receive Orientation 2019 t-shirts, lanyards, and a parent handbook upon arrival.
All Orientation fees are non-refundable. Because classes are still in session, we are not able to offer on-campus housing during this particular Orientation session.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable shoes (You'll be doing a lot of walking!)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Rainwear (just in case!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Proof of immunization (students) if not already provided to the university
- Net ID and Net Password for class registration (students)
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!