Go to top of the page
Skip to content


Will my classes transfer?

For Mississippi Institutions & select other Out-of-State Institutions, please visit the Transfer Course Equivalencies page.

For all other Out-of-State Institution Equivalencies, please call the Registrar’s Office at 662-325-2022 or send a detailed email to transferarticulation@registrar.msstate.edu requesting the course be reviewed. Email should include name of school, course symbol, course number, and course title.


How do I change my major?

All major changes for prospective students must be submitted in writing to admit@msstate.edu. Include your name, MSU ID number, birthdate, current major listed and the new major you have selected. *Currently enrolled MSU students must contact their academic department to change their major.

What majors does Mississippi State University offer?

Check out our majors listed by college here.

Who do I contact if I have additional questions about majors or attending MSU?

Your Admissions Counselor will be happy to answer any of your questions about majors, student life, or any topic about attending MSU. You can find your counselor by clicking here.

Where do I learn more about advance placement examinations?

Check out the Undergraduate Catalog for more information.