- 17:1 student to faculty ratio
- 175+ programs leading to a baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degree
- 22 pre-professional programs
- Average entering GPA is 3.60
- Average entering ACT is 25.6
- Average entering ACT is 1210
- #1 in the SEC in social science research according to the National Science Foundation
- Top 10 in the nation in agricultural science Research according to the National Science Foundation
- #6 worldwide for entrepreneurship research – Journal of Small Business Management
- 1 of 13 land-, sea- and space-grant institutions nationwide
- 1,700 Shackouls Honors College students in Fall 2018
- Pathfinders Program to help students successfully transition to college
- At MSU’s Career Day events, hundreds of potential employers recruit for co-op, internship and full-time positions.
- 806 students interned or participated in a co-op work experience.
- Students worked in 32 states. and 2 countries
- Our Academic and Career Planning Class, the Strong Interest Inventory and our Career Center can help students discover exciting career paths.
- The Career Center’s Resume Writing & Review service and Mock Interviews help students prepare for the next step.
- The E-Center works with students to form more than 100 new startups annually. In the last two years, several of these companies have together raised more than $1.5 million to help these students step off the graduation stage into a job they created.
Community and Student Life
- 22,000+ students, from every state and 80 countries
- 4,200-acre campus, founded in 1878
- Numerous Living-Learning Communities within 15+ furnished residence halls – 7 of which have private baths constructed since 2005
- 23 dining options on campus, including Chick-fil-A, The Fresh Food Company, The Marketplace at Perry, and Provisions on Demand (PODs)
- Hundreds of student organizations – from Greek life and intramural to improv comedy and eSports
- Starkville named in the “Top 25 Best College Towns and Cities in America” – WalletHub
Southeastern Conference Sports
- 8 varsity women’s teams
- 6 varsity men’s teams
- In 2019, State’s baseball team made it to the College World Series for the 11th time in MSU history.
- An MSU Record, 13 teams made the post-season: football, softball, baseball, soccer, men’s tennis, and men’s and women’s teams for basketball, golf, indoor track and field, and outdoor track and field.
- MSU claimed 2 SEC championships – in women’s basketball and men’s tennis.
- The Bulldogs placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Javelin at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
- Our football team scored its ninth straight bowl game.