Registration will be available March 1st at 9 a.m. CST.
During Transfer Orientation 2018, Mississippi State will welcome incoming students and their families to the Bulldog family. Orientation sessions will feature a variety of information for both students and parents. From chats with Orientation Leaders to meetings with university administrators, Orientation will provide an overview of the journey that lies ahead.
To register for Orientation:
- Your student must be admitted to MSU.
- The student will use their NetID from MSU and the NetPassword they created for their online application to register themselves and parents/guests.
- You must have a valid credit card to register online.
If your student has forgotten their NetPassword or if they applied to MSU using a paper application, then please click here.
|General Assembly||Students and parents alike get a special university welcome from MSU Orientation Leaders, administrators and faculty. Program announcements are also made that will help you during your time at Orientation.|
|Crucial Issues||Parents will hear from the Dean of Students about the many responsibilities and decisions that students will face as new members of the MSU family.|
|Student Services||Q&A with representatives from University Housing, Dining Services, Career Center, Parking Services, and Barnes & Noble Bookstore.|
|Money Matters||Learn how the University billing system works. Preview a sample student bill and learn how to complete an online payment. Parents learn how to become an authorized payer and how to log-in to see student account detail.|
|Campus Services & Programs Fair||Parents have the opportunity to speak with administrators from many of the university's student service areas, such as the Student Health Center, the Office of Parent Services, the Career Center, Transit Services, and others. This is a great time to ask any questions you may have about resources and services available to support students during this exciting transitional time.|
Orientation rates include the class registration fee and lunch on the day of the event. Students and parents will receive Orientation 2018 t-shirts, lanyards, and a parent handbook upon arrival.
All Orientation fees are non-refundable. These rates do not include Orientation Housing fees for guests who plan to stay on campus during the Orientation session.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable clothing & shoes (It's going to be hot and you'll be doing a lot of walking!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Rainwear (just in case!)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Toiletries (such as shampoo, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, etc.)
- Towel & wash cloth (for those staying in on campus orientation housing)
- Proof of immunization (students) if not already provided to the university
- Net ID and Net Password for class registration (students)
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!
Parking & Directions
Staying on Campus in Orientation Housing?
Staying off Campus?