*Please do not make any travel plans until you have successfully registered for an orientation session.
If you cannot attend one of our June Orientation Sessions, then join in this one-day session for Freshman students! During Orientation 2019, Mississippi State will welcome incoming students and their families to the Bulldog family. From chats with Admissions Counselors to meetings with university administrators, Orientation will provide an overview of the journey that lies ahead.
To register for Orientation:
- Your student must be admitted to MSU.
- The student will use their NetID from MSU and the NetPassword they created for their online application to register themselves and parents/guests.
- You must have a valid credit card to register online.
If your student has forgotten their NetPassword or if they applied to MSU using a paper application, then please click here.
|General Assembly||Students and parents get a special university welcome from MSU Admissions Staff, administrators and faculty. Program announcements are also made that will help you during your time at Orientation 2019.|
|Dawg Talk||Students meet with Admissions Staff and learn about the many services and opportunities available at MSU, while creating new friendships and establishing connections with the university community. MSU ID cards will be made during this time as well.|
|Registrar's Session||The University Registrar will provide an overview of the course registration procedures at MSU, while demonstrating the university's web registration system.|
|Academic Advising and Class Registration||
Students are advised and register for their fall classes in a group setting with the assistance of a faculty advisor.
Orientation rates include the class registration fee, as well as lunch on the day of the event. Students and parents will receive Orientation 2019 t-shirts, parent handbook, and lanyards upon arrival.
All Orientation fees are non-refundable. These rates do not include Orientation Housing fees for guests who plan to stay on campus during the Orientation session.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable clothing & shoes (It's going to be hot and you'll be doing a lot of walking!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Rainwear (just in case!)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Toiletries (such as shampoo, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, etc.)
- Towel & wash cloth (for those staying in on campus orientation housing)
- Proof of immunization (students) if not already provided to the university
- Net ID and Net Password for class registration (students)
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!
Parking & Directions
Staying on Campus in Orientation Housing?
Staying off Campus?