Registration will be available March 1st at 9 a.m. CST.
During Orientation 2018, Mississippi State will welcome incoming students and their families to our Bulldog family. From chats with Orientation Leaders to meetings with university administrators, Orientation will provide an overview of the journey that lies ahead.
To register for Orientation:
- Your student must be admitted to MSU.
- The student will use their NetID from MSU and the NetPassword they created for their online application to register themselves and parents/guests.
- You must have a valid credit card to register online.
If your student has forgotten their NetPassword or if they applied to MSU using a paper application, then please click here.
|General Assembly||Students and parents alike get a special university welcome from MSU Orientation Leaders, administrators and faculty. Program announcements are also made that will help you during your time at Orientation.|
|Crucial Issues and Decisions||Parents will hear from the Vice President of Student Affairs about the many responsibilities and decisions that students will face as new members of the MSU family. Parents receive information about the university resources available to assist both students and parents.|
|Housing and Dining||Office of Housing and Residence Life and MSU Dining Services will team up to provide information about the university's residence life experience and the various dining opportunities on the MSU campus, including venues, meal plans and flex dollars.|
|Money Matters||Parents will meet with officials from Admissions and Scholarships, Account Services and the Office of Student Financial Aid to discuss the financial issues involved with a student's entrance into MSU. Billing and payment issues, scholarship award logistics and financial aid allotments are all covered during this session.|
|Campus Services & Programs Fair||Parents have the opportunity to speak with administrators from many of the university's student service areas, such as the Student Health Center, the Office of Parent Services, the Career Center, Transit Services, and others. This is a great time to ask any questions you may have about resources and services available to support students during this exciting transitional time.|
Orientation rates include the class registration fee, as well as dinner on the first night and lunch on the second day of the event. Students and parents will receive Orientation 2018 t-shirts, parent handbook, and lanyards upon arrival.
All Orientation fees are non-refundable. These rates do not include Orientation Housing fees for guests who plan to stay on campus during the Orientation session.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable clothing & shoes (It's going to be hot and you'll be doing a lot of walking!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Rainwear (just in case!)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Toiletries (such as shampoo, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, etc.)
- Towel & wash cloth (for those staying in on campus orientation housing)
- Proof of immunization (students) if not already provided to the university
- Net ID and Net Password for class registration (students)
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!
Parking & Directions
Staying on Campus in Orientation Housing?
Staying off Campus?