Registration will be available March 1st at 9 a.m.
*Please do not make any travel plans until you have successfully registered for an orientation session.
Summer School Orientation is a one-day event designed to give students an introduction into the 'People's University.' Summer School Orientation will officially welcome new students into the Bulldog family!
To register for Orientation:
- Your student must be admitted to MSU.
- The student will use their NetID from MSU and the NetPassword they created for their online application to register themselves and parents/guests.
- You must have a valid credit card to register online.
If your student has forgotten their NetPassword or if they applied to MSU using a paper application, then please click here.
|General Assembly||Guests will get a special university welcome. Program announcements are also made that will help you during your time at Summer School Orientation.|
|Registrar's Session||The University Registrar will provide an overview of the course registration procedures at MSU, while demonstrating the university's web registration system.|
|Academic Advising and Class Registration||Students are advised and register for their fall classes in a group setting with the assistance of a faculty advisor.|
Orientation rates include the class registration fee for students and parent information book upon arrival.
All Orientation fees are non-refundable. Because classes are still in session, we are not able to offer on-campus housing during this particular Orientation session.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable shoes (You'll be doing a lot of walking!)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Rainwear (just in case!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Proof of immunization (students) if not already provided to the university
- Net ID and Net Password for class registration (students)
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!
Where to Stay
Starkville has many options for where to stay during Orientation. Class is still in session during this Orientation, so we are not able to offer on-campus housing during this session but check out our local hotels that offer Southern hospitality as soon as you walk in the door!