Registration will be available March 1st at 9 a.m. CST.
During Transfer Orientation 2018, Mississippi State will welcome incoming Phi Theta Kappa members and their families to the Bulldog family. This is an exclusive Orientation for PTK members that features a variety of information for both students and parents. From chats with Orientation Leaders to meetings with university administrators, Orientation will provide an overview of the journey that lies ahead.
To register for Orientation:
- Your student must be admitted to MSU.
- The student will use their NetID from MSU and the NetPassword they created for their online application to register themselves and parents/guests.
- You must have a valid credit card to register online.
If your student has forgotten their NetPassword or if they applied to MSU using a paper application, then please click here.
|General Assembly||Students and parents get a special university welcome from administrators and faculty. Program announcements are also made that will help you during your time at Orientation 2018!|
|Dawg Talk||Students learn about the many services and opportunities available at MSU, while creating new friendships and establishing connections with the university community.|
|University Registrar's Session||The University Registrar will provide an overview of the course registration procedures at MSU, while demonstrating the university's web registration system.|
|Academic Advising and Class Registration||Students are advised and register for their fall classes in a group setting with the assistance of a faculty advisor.|
Orientation rates include the class registration fee and lunch on the day of the event. Students and parents will receive Orientation 2018 t-shirts, lanyards, and a parent handbook upon arrival.
All Orientation fees are non-refundable. These rates do not include Orientation Housing fees for guests who plan to stay on campus during the Orientation session.
What to Bring
- Casual clothes
- Comfortable clothing & shoes (It's going to be hot and you'll be doing a lot of walking!)
- Sweater or jacket (some meeting rooms can be a little chilly)
- Rainwear (just in case!)
- Spending money (Barnes & Noble has great MSU gear!)
- Proof of immunization (students) if not already provided to the university
- Net ID and Net Password for class registration (students)
- Your BULLDOG SPIRIT!