- 20:1 student to faculty ratio
- 175+ programs leading to a baccalaureate, master's or doctoral degree
- 22 pre-professional programs
- Shackouls Honors College
- 1 of 13 land-, sea- and space-grant institutions nationwide
- Average entering GPA is 3.58
- Average entering ACT is 25.13
- Pathfinders Program to help students successfully transition to college
- 734 students interned or completed a co-op work experience
- 292 total employers recruited and hired students for these positions
- Students worked in 42 states and 2 countries
- Cooperative Education had a completion rate of 88% - (3 or more work semesters)
- Average hourly pay (cooperative education and internships) – 18.47 an increase by 1.00/hour over the last 3 years
- 21,800+ students, from every state and over 70 countries
- 4,200-acre campus, founded in 1878
- New: living, dining, lab, classroom and recreational spaces – including a new Fresh Food Company Dining Facility on the south side of campus
- Numerous Living-Learning Communities within the residence halls
Southeastern Conference Sports
- 8 varsity women’s teams
- 6 varsity men’s teams
- In 2018, State’s baseball team made it to the College World Series for the 10th time in MSU history.
- Bulldog basketball fans saw more home wins than anyone else in 2017-2018, with our men’s and women’s teams boasting the nation’s best combined home record.
- For the second straight year, the women’s basketball program reached the NCAA national championship game after winning a nation-best 37 games. The squad earned its first No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament after going 30-0 in the regular season, the first SEC team to go undefeated in the regular season in 20 years. The Bulldogs went on to win 32-straight games to begin the year, the second-longest win streak in league history.
- MSU claimed 2 SEC championships – in women’s basketball and men’s tennis.
- Our football team scored its eighth straight bowl game.
- Hundreds of student organizations – from Greek life and intramural to improv comedy and eSports
- Ranked in top 50 social media colleges by studentadvisor.com
- 7 new residence halls with private baths constructed since 2005