Frequently Asked Questions | Office of Admissions and Scholarships

FAQ: Changing My Major


How do I change my major?

All major changes for prospective students must be submitted through the major change request form which can be found in the student’s application portal. *Currently enrolled MSU students must contact their academic department to change their major. 

What if I want to change my major at Orientation?

It is recommended that you do so before attending an Orientation session. You can do this by e-mailing the Office of Admissions and Scholarships at and providing your name, MSU ID number, and the major into which you would like to be placed. Staff members will also be available during Orientation to facilitate major changes.