Steps to apply for Scholarships at MSU
The General Scholarship Application (GSA) opens on October 2nd. The priority date for entering freshmen to submit the GSA is December 1st. The priority date for transfers is March 1st.
- Students must be admitted.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- Find the Scholarship block and click on "Submit Application".
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
- For most academic leadership and service scholarships students will need to maintain a 3.0*.
*GPA requirements for maintaining MSU scholarships are based on eligibility according to specific scholarship awards, details, and requirements stated by each individual scholarship.