Steps to apply for Scholarships at MSU
In addition to scholarships that may be automatically awarded to students based on certain academic achievements, other scholarship opportunities may be available through the submission of the General Scholarship Application:
- Student must be admitted.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarships column, click "Submit/Revise General Scholarship Application."
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
*General Scholarship Application opens October 1st.
Priority Date for the Freshman General Scholarship Application is December 1st.
Priority Date for the Transfer General Scholarship Application is March 1st.