Complete your application for admission
The application for admission for fall 2023 opens on August 1, 2022. MSU has rolling admissions and does not have an admissions deadline. We do encourage students to apply to the university as soon as possible. Housing priority is primarily based on the date/time a student submits their admissions application.
*The application fee is non-refundable.
Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students can complete their FAFSA after October 1 and are encouraged to submit it as soon as possible. MSU’s Federal School Code is 002423.
- For MSU students to be evaluated for their comprehensive financial aid and scholarship packages, they will need to submit their FAFSA by April 1st.
- Complete your FAFSA here.
Complete your General Scholarship Application (GSA)
- MSU’s General Scholarship Application opens on October 1 for the upcoming academic year.
- Freshman students’ deadline to complete the GSA is December 1.
- Transfer students’ deadline to complete the GSA is March 1.
Submit your Housing Application
- All first-time freshman students are required to live on campus for their first two semesters.
- Transfer students may live on or off-campus.
- The priority date for preferred housing and roommate selection is April 1 for freshman students.
- Submit your Housing Application here.
Check MSU Email
- Login to your myState. You will login with your NetID and NetPassword you created the first time you login. You will receive your NetID and MSU ID on your acceptance letter that comes in the mail. You can look up your NetID here.
- Once logged in to myState, go to the hamburger icon in the top left corner next to the myState logo. You will then select Microsoft 365, and you may have to login again with your NetID (or email; NetID@msstate.edu) and NetPassword. You would then be able to go to your Outlook on the left-hand side.
Sign up for Orientation
- Registering for Orientation is how you confirm your intent to enroll at MSU and register for classes.
- Students entering the fall semester can sign up for orientation starting on March 1.
- Students entering the spring semester can sign up for orientation in mid-November.
Submit your Immunization Requirement
- All students are required to submit proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.
- Visit the Health Center’s website for more information about Immunization Requirements.
Submit Final Transcripts
- Freshman students are required to upload their official FINAL high school transcript to their Mississippi State University application portal, along with any other dual enrollment courses.
- Transfer students are required to upload their official transcripts from each college or university attended. A faxed transcript will not be accepted.
Submit AP Exams
Students must request their AP scores from the College Board to be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar at Mississippi State University. Our school code for AP is 1480.
Check the MSU Academic Calendar
Check the Academic Calendar for important dates like when classes begin, last days to add or drop a class, midterms/exams, holidays/breaks, and much more.
- Freshman students will be allowed to move onto campus at the beginning of August.
- Additional information about move-in day can be found here.