FAQ: Applying


How will my Dual Enrollment courses transfer over?

Please take a look at the Transfer Equivalency Sheet, here.

If I have enough college credit hours, does that mean I don’t have to live on campus?

No. All first-time freshmen are required to live on campus. College credit hours may put you ahead academically, but you are still required to live on campus if you are an incoming freshman student (having just graduated from high school).

Is there a limit to the amount of college credit hours I can transfer to MSU?

No, but you may want to check with the academic department of your intended major to be sure the courses your taking will count toward that degree.

My Dual Enrollment credits are on my high school transcript. Is that all need?

No, we need a transcript from every institution that granted you credits. We will need your high school transcript, but we will also need the transcript from the community college that granted you the college credits as well.

When does the application for admission open?

For students entering in the fall semester, registration opens on August 1st at 12:01a.m. for the Fall Application. 
For students entering in the spring semester, registration opens on September 1st at 12:01a.m. for the Spring Application.

What are the freshmen requirements for admission?

Admission is granted to those who meet the freshmen admissions criteria MS Resident and Non-Resident.

There are additional options for those that do not meet the requirements at the bottom of the MS Resident or Non-Resident page once you click.

Are immunization records required before admission?

No, immunization records may be submitted after you are admitted to MSU. For information on how to submit your forms, please see the Next Steps list.