The application requires general information, parental/guardian information, and academic information. You can go ahead and submit the online application without the below items (application fee, transcripts, test scores, etc.) and send them at a later time, if needed. However, please remember to submit these items in order for us to review your complete application file for both admission and scholarship purposes.
$40 application fee
- This is a non-refundable fee
- Active Duty Military and Veterans may have their application fee waived.
- Fee Waiver
- Mississippi State University will waive the admissions application fee for freshman applicants who submit an approved ACT/SAT or NACAC Request for Waiver of College Application Fee form obtained from and signed by their high school counselor. This waiver is need-based and not related to the scores received on the ACT/SAT test.
- International Requirements
- The application fee for International Students is $60.
Official Test Scores
Beginning fall 2021, MSU will use the superscore (highest ACT or SAT subject test scores from the same test type when scores from more than one test date are submitted.) A combination of ACT and SAT subtest scores cannot be combined to calculate a superscore.
- Request that official ACT or SAT scores be sent to Mississippi State. We encourage that these test scores come directly from ACT or SAT (ACT College Code - 2220 or SAT College Code – 1480).
- The writing test of the ACT and SAT are not considered for admission or scholarship awarding purposes.
- Students who are unable to participate in ACT or SAT testing due to COVID-19 will be reviewed for admissibility. This review will involve consideration of high school performance, placement testing, special interests and skills as well as other non-cognitive factors.
- For Transfer Students who have not completed the 30 hours of core courses, they will need to submit Official Test Scores.
Proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
- All students born after 1956 are required to provide proof of immunity to Rubeola (red measles) and Rubella (German measles)
- This Immunization form must be returned to the Longest Student Health Center
- Visit the Health Center for more information about Immunization Requirements