Steps to Apply
- $40 application fee
- Effective January 3, 2017, the application fee will be $60 for international applicants
- Official Transcripts for all college coursework
Required if you have not completed the 30 hours of core courses:
- Official Test Scores (ACT Code - 2220 / SAT Code – 1480)
- Official Final High School Transcript
Admission to Mississippi State University is conducted on a rolling basis. To be considered for admission, students must submit an application (online is recommended).
Students may transfer to Mississippi State University from regionally accredited community, junior or senior colleges for any period of enrollment, provided they have earned a 2.0 GPA on all college courses attempted (as computed by Mississippi State University), as well as earned a 2.0 GPA on the 30-hours of core courses. Applicants must list all colleges attended on the application for admission, must be in good standing with the last college or university attended, and must meet one of the following options for admission.
Three Options for Admission
- Complete the 30-hours of core courses listed below with a 2.0 GPA on those courses and earn an overall 2.0 GPA on all hours attempted*
- English Composition – 6 semester hours
- College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, or a higher-level math – 3 semester hours
- Natural Science – 6 semester hours
- Humanities and Fine Arts – 9 semester hours
- Social or Behavioral Sciences – 6 semester hours
- Earn an A.A. degree (associate in art) or a higher degree from a regionally accredited community, junior, or senior college with a 2.0 GPA*.
- Meet the requirements for entering freshmen (based on your ACT/SAT scores and high school transcript) and earn an overall 2.0 GPA on all hours attempted*
*as computed by Mississippi State University
Transfer Course Equivalents
Want to make sure you’re on track to make the move to MSU? Be sure to check out how your courses transfer!
- Visit the Transfer Course Equivalencies page for Mississippi Institutions and select other Out-of-State Institutions.
- For most Out-of-State Institutions and most University Equivalencies, please call the Registrar’s Office at 662-325-2022 or send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the course be reviewed. Email should include name of school, course symbol, course number, and course title.
Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Program
Are you an admitted Bulldog, but attending a community college first? Get Tagged! Join the TAG program to hold your “admitted” status for up to 3 years, and let us help you stay on track to get to MSU!
Two Plus Two Program
Do you want to make transferring an easy process? We do too! Students may transfer from any regionally accredited community, junior or senior colleges, but MSU has partnered with East Mississippi Community College, Hinds Community College, Itawamba Community College, and Jones County Community College to create special two-plus-two programs to help make that transition seamless for specific degree programs.
Students may meet general admission requirements to the university, but not meet the requirements for a specific department. Applicants should contact the academic department in which they intend to major for additional requirements, specifically students interested in Architecture or Engineering.
For admission information or an application, or to inquire further about university admission requirements, contact:
Office of Admissions & Scholarships
P.O. Box 6334
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Phone: (662) 325-2224